February 2014 is a month worth keeping your eye on. During this month a highly-anticipated launch event will take place in Abu Dhabi, following the launch event in Sweden in November 2013. The launch is for an outstanding vehicle: the Volvo FH. Following this grand launch in Abu Dhabi , the Volvo FH will be available at all showrooms across the MENA region including Lebanon. And this has many businesses and industries very excited and for good reason: the Volvo FH is the best truck in the world.
International Truck of the Year
The new Volvo FH was named International Truck of the Year 2014 by leading commercial vehicle journalists, representing 25 magazines throughout Europe. As International Truck of the Year Chairman Gianenrico Griffini stated: “Volvo Trucks has delivered a completely new heavy-duty truck, which, with its innovative cab, hi-tech driveline components and advanced maintenance solutions, sets a new benchmark in the automotive industry.” The Volvo FH is no stranger to acclaim. In fact it was named International Truck of the Year in 1994 and 2000.
Customisable and Profitable
The Volvo FH will be on sale in Lebanon without the container and will be customisable to suit the needs of diverse businesses and industries, from the wheels to the engine, windows, horsepower, bluetooth features, and much more. The all-new Volvo FH is a truck built with the driver in mind and the focus on improving the profitability of the firm that purchases it. It boasts important innovations in all crucial areas: fuel economy, ergonomics, handling, active and passive safety, and time-saving features. President of Volvo Trucks Claes Nilsson explains, “The new Volvo FH increases the haulage firm’s profitability in many different ways…And giving your drivers the opportunity to work in the International Truck of The Year is of course an extra bonus.”
The New Volvo FH at a Glance
- The truck is available with a range of 13- and 16-litre with Euro 3-4-5 and moving to 6 engines for year 2014.
- TheI-See technology can save up to five per cent fuel. I-See uses electronically recorded information about the topography of the roads to automatically optimise gear shifting, speed and auxiliary braking.
- The handling is superior thanks to an improved chassis and the option to choose individual front suspension.
- The driving position is better and offers greater flexibility. For instance, the steering wheel now has a neck tilt function, a world-first in the truck world.
- The driver has a better view of the road, not least owing to the increase in the usable window area in the cab and the innovative rear-view mirror design.
- More upright A-pillars add one cubic metre of interior space. This gives 300 litres of on-board extra storage capacity and greater on-board comfort.
- Volvo Trucks offers maximum uptime with the new FH. This promise is based on new technology for remotely monitoring component wear and overall vehicle condition.
In Lebanon Starting February 2014
Volvo is pleased to bring this great truck to the Lebanese market starting February 2014. Volvo has unwavering faith in Lebanon’s potential to move ahead despite challenges and this is why the firm is committed to bringing the best vehicles to the market, especially when the vehicle in question (the Volvo FH) can help drive businesses and industries forward.