June 5, 2017 – Abdo Feghali took a commanding victory at the second round of the 2017 Lebanese Rally Championship, the 6th Jezzine Rally, alongside his co-driver Marc Haddad in the Skoda Fabia R5.
Abdo was initially 2nd overall behind his brother Roger (Evo X R4) at the end of Day 1, which consisted of two special stages in Milkh. However, the Fabia R5 driver struck back on the second day and won 8 of the day’s 9 special stages to steal the lead from Roger and finish over a minute clear of his brother, who settled for 2nd place and collected 3 stage wins.
After having dropped to 9th due to a punctured tyre, Tamer Ghandour fought back to finish 3rd overall in the Evo X R4. Joseph Hindy and Eddy Abou Karam finished 4th and 5th respectively after a great battle between the two.
Rodrigue Rahi (Evo X) claimed the Group N class victory and completed the event 6th overall, followed by Ziad Feghali (Evo IX) who settled with 2nd in Group N.
The RC3 class victory went to Patrick Njeim (Citroen DS3 R3), who was locked in a fierce battle with Robert Aaraj (Renault Clio R3) who ended up 2nd in the category.
Pierre Rizk (Peugeot 208 R2) and Matthias Njeim (Suzuki Swift) won the RC4 and RC5 categories respectively.
01. Abdo Feghali, 1h 12min 15.9sec
02. Roger Feghali, +1min 08.0sec
03. Tamer Ghandour, +3min 21.3sec
04. Joseph Hindy, +3min 51.1sec
05. Eddy Abou Karam, +4min 17.6sec
06. Raafat Al Mohtar, +5min 07.1sec
07. Rodrigue Rahi, +5min 52.0sec
08. Ziad Feghali, +6min 10.6sec
09. Patrick Njeim, +7min 16.6sec
10. Robert Aaraj, +7min 26.0sec
11. Nassib Nassar, +8min 48.0sec
12. Nabil Abdelhak, +9min 09.4sec
13. Nadim Halabi, +9min 12.0sec
14. Osmat Saify, +11min 43.7sec
15. Pierre Rizk, +16min 34.2sec
16. Walid Chlink, +17min 54.9sec
17. Matthias Njeim, +18min 47.2sec