January 5, 2015 – W Motors, the first Arab Developer of High Performance Luxury Sports Cars based in the Middle East, recently held an exciting event at Abu Dhabi’s Yas Marina Circuit, one of the most advanced Grand Prix venues in the world. Held on the 17th of December, the event was divided into two phases; a press conference wherein new W Motors’ partnerships for the upcoming year were announced followed by an elegant cocktail reception for the guests during which the unveiling took place.
The ambitious company has been working on numerous partnerships since its inception and thus the press conference was held to herald the company’s notable alliances with other prominent names. In attendance were the Chairman and CEO of W Motors, Mr. Ralph R Debbas, CEO of Al Ain Class Motors UAE, Mr. Abdulla Al Ketbi, CEO of EEG China, Mr. Alan Wu, CEO of Royal Motors Miami, Mr. George Mesa, and respectively, Director and Head of Innovation of Franck Muller Geneva Mr. Nicholas Rudaz and Mr. Jean-Francois Ruchonnet. The year 2015 will see W Motors enter into the following partnerships:
– Exclusive distributor partnership in China with EEG China for the opening of the first showroom in Asia by April 2015, to be located in downtown Shanghai.
– Exclusive distributor partnership in USA with Royal Motors for the opening of the first showroom in North America by end of 2015, to be located in Miami Florida.
– Exclusive distributor partnership in UAE and GCC territories with Al Ain Class Motors to showcase the W Motors models in the several existing and future showrooms.
– Partnership with renowned Swiss watchmaker Franck Muller for the development of a special W Motors/Franck Muller watch limited to 7 pieces worldwide (1 for each Lykan HyperSport), in addition to specially made interior parts of the Lykan to be manufactured by Franck Muller in Switzerland.
– Partnership with Encelade Genève for the creation of a new lifestyle line of products dedicated solely for the modern man.
– Partnership with Quimera Project for the support and set-up of a future R&D lab to be based in the UAE as part of the W Motors facilities.
– W Motors will make its first Hollywood Debut in the upcoming Universal Studios Blockbuster Fast & Furious 7 as a hero car driven by Vin Diesel.
– W Motors has also licensed the Lykan HyperSport to more than 8 famous video games on several platforms mainly Asphalt 8, Sony PlayStation 4 Drive Club, GT Racing 2, Fast & Furious 7 among others.
The second phase of the event took on a more action-packed and informal turn as the partners and guests made their way to the Marina Grandstand for a cocktail reception at the Circuit. Here, against the backdrop of the beautiful Yas Viceroy hotel, the Black Lykan HyperSport Prototype Zero made its special debut while the other Blue Lykan HyperSport model was on display as well. In addition, guests were treated to the showcase of the original Red Lykan HyperSport Hero car that has been driven by Vin Diesel for the seventh installment of the Fast and Furious series, movie to be released in April 2015! In a bid to strengthen the partnership with Franck Muller, a dedicated corner carried unique and exclusive Franck Muller timepieces for the guests to browse. The thrill didn’t end here as VIP guests got the opportunity to experience the exceptional performance of the Lykan HyperSport as well! Some of the attendees were taken for a spin down the South circuit of the Yas Marina with an expert driver steering the car. The event finally culminated in a buffet dinner.
W Motors is the first automotive design house and manufacturer of high performance luxury sports cars based in the Middle East. It is through a private event held in July 2012 that the Company’s founder Ralph R Debbas publicly vowed to deliver the world’s most exclusive Hypercar to the passionate addressees and the following year he delivered not just his promise but more. The Company plans to move its assembly and production facilities from Torino Italy to the UAE and has also relocated its headquarters to Floor 37 of the Swiss Tower in Jumeirah Lake Towers where the team will expand progressively along the coming years to accommodate the expansion of the Company.