March 28, 2015 – Lebanese rally champion Roger Feghali cruised to a dominant victory in the 31st Spring Rally, the opening round of the 2015 Lebanese Rally Championship, this afternoon.
Driving a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X R4, Feghali won six out of six special stages alongside co-driver Joseph Matar to finish more than 2 minutes ahead of his closest opponent, Mitsubishi Evo X driver Eddy Abou Karam who was handed back the time he lost behind Gilbert Bannout’s troubled Peugeot in the first special stage, which elevated him to second overall and gave him the Group N class win.
Joseph Hindy finished third overall in the Ford Fiesta R5, just 0.8 seconds behind Abou Karam, with Rodrigue Rahi settling for fourth overall and 2nd in Group N after a solid performance in the Mitsubishi Evo IX.
The front-wheel drive class victory went to Citroen DS3 driver and fifth-place man Bassel Abou Hamdan, while Henry Massaad finished his first race in the new Renault Clio R3T in second place in the FWD category and sixth overall.
Provisional final results:
01. Roger Feghali, 59min 28.6sec
02. Eddy Abou Karam, +2min 07.9sec
03. Joseph Hindy, +2min08.7sec
04. Rodrigue Rahi, +2min 40.8sec
05. Bassel Abou Hamdan, +4min 09.3 sec
06. Henry Massaad, +4min 36.5 sec
07. Tamer Ghandour, +4min 45.4sec
08. Rodolphe Asmar, +7min 23.8sec
09. Rony Kanaan, +7min 58.8sec
10. Majed Khoury, +8min 47.4sec