July 5, 2015 – Roger Feghali continued his winning streak in the Lebanese Rally Championship, taking his third straight victory of 2015 this afternoon at the 24th Cedars’ Rally, which is the third round of the season.
Driving a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X R4 alongside new co-driver Lara Venneste, Roger won all 12 special stages, while his closest rival Abdo Feghali, who drove a Ford Fiesta RRC next to Marc Haddad, decided to retire from the rally for reasons that are still unknown.
Abdo’s retirement gave the runner-up spot to Gilbert Bannout and Gabin Moreau in the Ford Fiesta RRC, while Eddy Abou Karam and Joseph Kmeid’s chances of securing a Group N class victory evaporated on the tenth special stage with a puncture, therefore handing the class win to Rodrigue Rahi and Nabih Abdallah, with Eddy and Joseph settling for second.
Robert Aaraj and Samer Sfeir took a hard-fought win in the front-wheel drive class, while Henry Massaad and Ramy Menhem settled for second place ahead of Rony Kanaan and Sami Awad.
Top 10 overall results:
01. Roger Feghali, 57 minutes 18.0 sec
02. Gilbert Bannout, +2 min 37.2 sec
03. Rodrigue Rahi, +3 min 28.2 sec
04. Eddy Abou Karam, +4 min 09.8 sec
05. Robert Aaraj, +4 min 53.5 sec
06. Henry Massaad, +5 min 01.6 sec
07. Rabih Ayoub, +5 min 02.2 sec
08. Rony Kanaan, +7 min 36.3 sec
09. Tony Helou, +8 min 08.6 sec
10. Elie Nehme, +10 min 42.4 sec